You will have 5 to 7 years’ experience in design, code and maintenance of cloud infrastructure or supporting modern applications with an understanding of agile/scrum, CI/CD, Configuration Management, and Infrastructure Automation. In addition, you will have the following technical skills:
· Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Java or Go) and modern software development practices
· Experience in automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Puppet or Chef) and CI/CD principles.
· Experience with Cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP or OpenStack) and their APIs
· Good Linux system administration skills (DNS, RabbitMQ, Redis or HAProxy)
· Good Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Linux routing and firewall)
· Degree in computer science (preferred) or other technology/engineering subject
· Analytical thinking and creative problem solving, you will own issues until full resolution
· Good time management skills
· Team player with good communication skills - both verbal and written
· Willingness to learn and a quick learner.
As the SRE Engineer, you will be supporting customers across Database and Application issues, this can range from troubleshooting and fault finding to communicating with customers in order to identify improvements and a plan to develop those areas.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.