- Supervise, and participate in the implementation of LAN/WAN and wireless platforms supporting a complex data and voice infrastructure.
- Maintain current network environment comprising of Fortinet firewalls, Cisco routers/switches and wireless access points.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical personal to setup new locations network endowment.
- Troubleshoot, remediate, and ensure high availability of enterprise voice and data platforms that support employees business functions.
- Configure and maintain VLANs, setup DHCP scopes, DNS records on firewall and on windows servers.
- Uphold integrity and security of data center environment and monitoring equipment.
- Create and maintain documentation of network topology and inventory as well as design and operation of platforms and procedures.
- Monitor and report network performance, report and troubleshoot outages, and schedule upgrades to optimize network operation and security.
- Monitor and respond to incidents reported though ticketing system on a daily basis.
- Serve as one of the primary points of contact for telecommunication carriers and service providers and coordinate circuit design, provisioning, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Provide Tier II/III other support to end-users and other members of the IT team and act as act as senior technology subject matter expert to junior technicians
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4-5 years managing networking/servers, engineering projects, including design, documentation, and implementation.
- Up to date certification of Fortinet and Cisco CCNA/CCNP vendor certification.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong operations and implementation management skills.
- Must have strong work ethic, interpersonal skills and hands-on mentality the ability to multi-task.
- Good communication skills with ability to interact with service providers and vendors to resolve purchasing, technical guidance, and project planning tasks.
- Experience supporting a Microsoft environment: Active Directory, IIS, Terminal Servers and SQL servers.
- Experience with authentication technologies such as RADIUS and TACACS+
Desired Additional Skills:
- Experience with Zabbix monitoring platform a plus.
- MCSE Certification a plus.
- Azure Network Engineer Associated a plus.
- Responsibilities may require working evenings and weekends, often with little or no advanced notice.
- Travel to projects/offices throughout the United States and Canada may be required.