Network Security is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers via the phone and ticketing system. This role owns complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve and keeps our customers updated through every step of the process. The Network Security Engineer IV is expected to take initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may encounter and suggest alternatives which may better serve the stability and security of the customer's solution. Technical issues can include troubleshooting customer firewalls, load balancers, IDS and WAF appliances. The role will also support many elements of the Rackspace Government Services Private Cloud offering running on VMWare and provide technical support assistance to our internal teams when requested. The Network Security Engineer will create and maintain customer loyalty by providing Fanatical Support above and beyond customer expectations.
- Provide exceptional customer support via the phone and ticketing system
- Own level-appropriate customer requests and issues, seeing them through to resolution
- Escalate support requests to next level engineers and other support teams according to escalation procedures
- Troubleshoot monitoring alerts and create tickets accordingly
- Schedule and coordinate level-appropriate customer and internal networking maintenances
- May serve as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers
- Act as a Project Lead for both customer driven and internal networking initiatives
- Monitor ticket response times and take appropriate actions to ensure team response time targets are met
- Collaborate with internal teams to build strong customer relationships
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Engineers on the support floor
- Review and sign off on defined policy and process standards
- Ticket Contribution and Phone Availability: Working as a team to serve our customers, helping the overall team hit their metrics and maintaining individual metrics to be in line with peers.
- Customer rating on work done
- High ticket review percent average
- High level of first pass yield on written or quality checked maintenance work
- The Network Security Engineer has an intermediate knowledge:
- Layer 4 and layer 7 firewalls (Cisco and Palo Alto preferred)
- Load balancers (F5 GTM/LTM and Citrix NetScaler preferred)
- Networking technologies: IKEv1 and IKEv2, IPSEC, NAT, HSRP, VLAN, CDP, LLDP, port-channels, BGP, IPv6, OSPF, vPC, STP, L2VPN, L3VPN
- Security technologies: IDS, WAF, RSA, IPS
- Network capture analysis for both clear text and encrypted connections
- Network automation experience is highly preferred
- Basic understanding of VMWare ESXi
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Basic understanding of PKI (Public and Private certificates)
- Passionate about technology and has a desire to constantly expand technical knowledge
- Detail-oriented in documenting information and able to own customer issues through resolution
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work under pressure
- Demonstrate sound problem-solving skills coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Minimum two years of experience in a related field
- CCNA certification or higher required
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science is preferred
- Must be able to pass a Public Trust background check
- May require further DOD security clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor.
- Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required. Due to the 24X7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $
96,100 - $154,900. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.