STR is hiring a Systems Administrator with an active Top-Secret clearance to support our Melbourne, FL office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting senior administrators in implementing, deploying, and maintaining Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu) and Windows operating systems in traditional and virtualized environments across a variety of hardware solutions
- Supporting Information Systems Security Managers (ISSM), Information System Security Officers (ISSO), senior management, researchers and other team members supporting the customers’ requirements
- Running vulnerability and compliance scanning tools and have the knowledge to remediate the findings
- Performing monthly patching of offline Windows and Linux assets
- Researching and procuring necessary hardware and software components required to complete a task
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of hardware and software licenses.
- Performing hands-on diagnostics at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Creating and/or maintaining end-user documentation for operating procedures
- Configuring and maintaining NAS Storage, Networking, Firewall, and Directory Services such as MS Active Directory management and Group Policy administration
- Performing performance monitoring, results analysis and enhancement, as well as process automation using PowerShell scripting and other available technologies
- Providing daily lab support, systems maintenance, problem resolution, tracing and project support
- Creating and maintaining installation and configuration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintaining current knowledge of DoD security, technical guidelines and organizational policies
- Providing support for production and development environments
- Assisting with requests in the ticketing system for Desktop Support Services including scanners, copies, printers, phones and phone services
- Providing ad-hoc travel and after-hours support for our Information Systems’ maintenance, patching and remediation
- Security Clearance at the Top Secret level w/ an active SCI, ability to obtain access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or the ability to pass a CI Poly
- Understanding of the basics of Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu) and Windows OS Administration
- Experience with business and engineering applications (ex. Microsoft Office, MATLAB, Visual Studio, VMWare and other scientific/engineering applications)
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet customer demands and deadlines
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and desire to learn.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft and/or Linux technical certifications
- Active Directory including Group Policy, LDAP backend, and Replication
- Enterprise Virtualization Tools
- Multi-Factor Authentication and Public Key Infrastructure
- Web Server management
- Effective utilization of Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Content and Tools
- Host Based Security System (HBSS) implementation and maintenance
- Current knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS)
STR is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
STR is not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe! Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.