The VMware Cloud Engineer is responsible for infrastructure tasks including provisioning hypervisors, connectivity issues, upgrades, and day-to-day issues and audits. Administer, maintain and troubleshooting of the supported VMware Product Stack (including SDDC environments). Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure and Life Cycle Management. Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis. Provide technical support to internal and external users.
- Advanced operating systems knowledge (Windows and Linux).
- Advanced network and NSX administration skills.
- Advanced knowledge/troubleshooting of fibre channel SANS, NFS and vSAN.
- Advanced knowledge of vROPS/vRLI. Advanced knowledge/troubleshooting of the vSphere platform.
- Advanced knowledge/troubleshooting of Disaster Recovery technologies (e.g. ZERTO, SRM).
- Working knowledge of HP/DELL Server hardware platforms.
- Preferred: knowledge/troubleshooting of vCloud Director and vCloud Foundation.
- Scripting knowledge is a plus (PowerCLI, REST)
- Works appropriate level tasks and tickets in queue.
- Defines and schedules infrastructure maintenance.
- Develops standards and policies for respective technology domain.
- Monitors and maintains all virtual infrastructure.
- Works with vendors to resolve escalated hardware and software issues.
- Performs capacity planning and performance analysis of infrastructure.
- Develops projects to improve performance, efficiency, experience, capacity, etc. of environments.
- Acts as the primary interface for the client or project manager for intermediate tasks/projects.
- Ensures the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise
- Secondary/High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Requires 5+ years related technical experience in systems engineering, administration and with VMWare, including a minimum of 2-year experience equivalent to a VMware Cloud Engineer II.
- Must have an active VCP-DCV Certification.
- The following certifications preferred: CCIA, CCEE, CCEA, CCA, MCSE/MCITP, NSX, vRealize Operations and vSAN badge.
- General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. High levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required.
- Due to the 24x7x365 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.