- Performing 1st and 2nd line Technical & Operational Support for Datacentre and Hybrid Cloud customers
- Performing all the functions of the 'Customer Helpdesk' role working in shifts (24/7) and additionally providing in-depth technical support to customers through network using service/device monitoring and remote repair.
- Demonstrating excellent customer care skills (e.g. owning, driving and communicating)
- Following Service Desk operation procedures, accurately logging all incidents and change tickets
- Managing supplier activities (e.g. driving/escalating 3rd party agents to dispatch and repair faults to meet our service level agreements)
- Providing process improvement input wherever possible
- Performing system monitoring, proactive incident management
- Providing proactive jeopardy management
- Ability to meet the customers’ needs in line with the business requirements
- Focusing on the objectives and the required outcomes of the processes while delivering a service
- Working with a cooperative and positive attitude in a group setting to achieve common goals
- Communicating effectively and efficiently while adapting to your audience and getting the message through as intended
- Taking the responsibility and taking care of the consequences of making a decision
- Ability to find root causes of problems and to focus on their quick and efficient solution
- Required - Confident Windows and MS Office user
- Advantageous - Understanding of LAN/WAN Technology
- Advantageous - Understanding of Data centre and Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Advantageous - IT qualification (MS certified, CCNA, any cloud exam), experience with system monitoring tools (BCM, SCOM, Solarwinds)
- Advantageous - ITIL foundation certification
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.