Annual Salary: $175,000 - $260,000 (depends on experience level)
Build Something to Be Proud Of.
Captivation Software has built a reputation on providing customers exactly what is needed in a timely manner. Our team of engineers take pride in what they develop and constantly innovate to provide the best solution. Come work with us and help provide the tools to solve DoD’s Big Data problems! Captivation Software is looking for a talented Data Engineer to support the acquisition of mission critical and mission support data sets. The preferred candidate will have a background in supporting cyber and/or network related missions within the military spaces, as either a developer, analyst or engineer. Work is performed in a hybrid role with some on-site work in Washington, DC.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will have worked with big data systems, complex structured and unstructured data sets, and have supported government data acquisition, analysis, and/or sharing efforts in the past.
- To excel in the position, the candidate shall have a strong attention to detail, be able to understand technical complexities, and have the willingness to learn and adapt to the situation.
- The candidate will work both independently and as part of a large team to accomplish client objectives.
- Security Clearance - Must have a current Secret Security Clearance or higher and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizens.
- 5 years experience as a developer, analyst, or engineer with a Bachelors in related field; OR 3 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and Java.
- Proficiency with acquisition and understanding of network data and the associated metadata.
- Fluency with data extraction, translation, and loading including data prep and labeling to enable data analytics.
- Experience with Kibana and Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with various log formats such as JSON, XML, and others.
- Experience with data flow, management, and storage solutions (i.e. Kafka, NiFi, and AWS S3 and SQS solutions).
- Ability to decompose technical problems and troubleshoot system and dataflow issues.
- Must be able to work a hybrid schedule with the local Enlighten team members.
- Annual Salary: $175,000 - $260,000 (depends on experience level)
- Up to 20% 401k contribution (no matching required)
- Above market hourly rates
- $3,000 HSA Contribution
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Employee Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance / Life Insurance / Short-Term & Long-Term Disability / AD&D