Brinks Texas License #C00550
The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team - and stay here. Job Title
Architect, Information SecurityJob Description Brink's is a Global premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. At Brink's, we believe that Diverse Teams drive success, and as such we foster an inclusive culture that values people with diverse backgrounds, ideas and perspectives. We build a sense of belonging so all employees feel respected, safe and valued, and we provide equal opportunity to participate and grow.
The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for an Information Security Architect.
An advanced skillset position within Brink's Global Information Security (GIS) team, requiring both conceptual knowledge and hands-on expertise, the Information Security Architect reports to the Director of Security Engineering. This role frequently interacts with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO); the Project Management Organization (PMO); and our Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) teams. The Information Security Architect is responsible designing and helping to implement security solutions that protect the business, while supporting the business need to execute and innovate. The Information Security Architect works closely with many diverse and dynamic teams, including, but not limited to, Security Engineering, IT Infrastructure, Product and Application development, Security Operations, Audit, and End Users. This position is also responsible for architecting solutions to secure: business-to-business initiatives; third-party relationships; outsourced solutions and vendors; and helps ensure the success of the Vulnerability Management program.
The Information Security Architect provides expert guidance for addressing current security issues and has the foresight to see where the industry is headed and proactively deliver optimal, secure solutions. The architect is expected to think like an adversary and identify how solutions should evolve as the threat landscape changes. A senior-level role, the architect possesses strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to guide less experienced coworkers. The architect provides technical leadership to delivery and solution design team members.
Essential Job Duties
- Remain current with new security threats and assess systems to ensure they can defend the business.
- Constantly research capabilities of current and new disruptive solutions on the market and make recommendations to security leadership.
- Research, validate and deploy solutions meeting security and business needs.
- Formally develop security team standards, policies, procedures and processes.
- Influence the planning and execution of incident response and postmortem exercises, with a focus on creating measurable benchmarks to show progress (or deficiencies requiring additional attention).
- Possess a DevOps focus across technology and security architecture, automation, integration and distribution.
- Drive security efficiencies, enabling security team members to work on more advanced tasks.
- Partner, coach and functionally lead IT, engineering, development and business teams.
- Perform engineering performance testing to stress the limitations of security solutions while at the same time ensuring business innovation and day-to-day processes are not negatively impacted.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 to 8+ years' experience in cybersecurity, including compliance and risk management with a background in system and network security engineering.
- A proven deep background (preferred 5+ years in addition to cybersecurity) in technology design, implementation and delivery.
- Splunk experience is a must have
- Experience in cloud computing technologies, including software-, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private and hybrid environments.
- Extensive knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), public key infrastructure (PKI), identity and access management (IDAM) systems, antivirus and firewalls, in addition to newer offerings such as endpoint detection and response (EDR), threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration, deception technologies and application controls.
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues.
- Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
- Experience architecting SIEM systems, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration solutions, IDS/IPS, file integrity monitoring (FIM), data loss prevention (DLP) and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- DevOps background with experience in compliance obligations.
- Experience with one or more of the following: ISO 27001, NIST, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards or Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and Unix.
- Familiarity with state privacy laws.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with effective decision-making skills.
- Experience with purple teaming (red and blue) to train, identify and remediate issues cohesively.
- Highly trustworthy; leads by example.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related experience required
- CISSP, CISM, and/or applicable SANS certification a plus.
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud. What's Next?
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.