Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Computer Scientist that will provide full system and software life-cycle support for incremental software functionality, web/graphic user interface development, and database support. Seeking a self-starter, who is resourceful, thinks out of the box and can work both independently, as well as part of a team. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and eight (8) years of prior relevant software development experience or master’s degree with nine (9) years of relevant Software development lifecycle experience.
- Five (5) years of Java development experience.
- Experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate).
- Intermediate experience with Angular Interface Development.
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat Linux Operating system).
- Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in at least one (1) of the specializations:
- Programming/Scripting Languages: Individual shall have designed, coded, tested, and debugged software written in C, C++, Java, PERL, TCL/TK, PYTHON, BOURNE shell, C shell, BASH, KORN shell, Groovy, PL/SQL, SQL, PHP.
- Database Management: Individual shall have experience in object-oriented or relational database design, development, troubleshooting, and testing, and management system experience with SYBASE, ORACLE, or MySQL. Experience shall include use of PL/SQL, Oracle Dataguard, Oracle 11g, SQL Server, Oracle Label Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and/or JDBC
- Software Test/Integration: Individual shall have experience planning, developing, documenting, and executing test programs to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements, writing and executing test procedures, documenting problem reports, and defining test paths. In addition, experience is required in system analysis and data flow paths.
- Systems Interfacing: Individual shall have experience designing and developing SW that interfaces to other systems, to include networks.
- Data Formatting: Individual shall have experience in design and development of specialized applications software dealing with data in the NSA standard formats (e.g., CSDF, CERF, USSID 124, ASDF) or experience programming using the manipulation re-use libraries for those formats.
- Middleware (Business Tier): Individual shall have experience with one or more of the following: Hibernate, Tomcat, Jboss, EJB3, WebLogic 8.1, Apache Log4J, Rsync, jBPM
- Frameworks: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: Spring, Grails.
- XML Technologies: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: JAXB, JIBX
- Development Environment: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: Eclipse, ANT
Security Clearance requirement:
- All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Familiar with Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Bamboo, Fisheye).
- Experience with Data Manipulation/Scripting (PERL, SQL, PL/SQL, EXCEL API, Shell Scripting).
Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.