The GEICO Fredericksburg, VA IT Support Department is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our team. We are looking for a dependable individual seeking a career in the information technology field. The ideal candidate will be experienced in supporting a Microsoft client/server workshop with a Windows10 client background, WebEx, soft-phone VoIP environment, and Ethernet router/switch networking in a 1,500 to 3,000 plus user environment. This job requires an understanding of the importance of 100% uptime during prime business hours. This position is considered a day shift job that requires being on-call 24/7 on a rotating basis. Lifting 50 lbs. is a must. A technical assessment will be given to qualified candidates. Pay will commensurate with experience and skills.
1. Selected candidates must be able to troubleshoot and assist with the Tier 2 support tickets; examples, moves, keyboard and mouse replacements, monitor installations and cleanup of the rooms and communication closets.
2. To provide support for the LAN technicians as well as end user workstations.
3. Resolve intermediate to advanced problems with computer and network systems
4. Install computer and network systems following set procedures
5. Provide exceptional customer support for computer and network systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Related field (preferred)
• 2-3 years of experience in Computing Devices and Computing Operating Systems including windows/Linux/Unix
• Must be able to lift Servers, PCs and printers in the 40 - 50 pound range
• Strong communications, both written and verbal
• Experience with technical writing
• Able to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team
• Must be able to use a PC
• Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting skills
• Must be able to multi-task
• Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information, and follow processes that have been published
• Must be knowledgeable of software coding and following standards and processes that have been published and the guidelines for the design
• Must be able to provide system training to team members as needed
• Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, professional oral or written manner, to be understood by customers, clients, co-workers and other employees of the organization
• Must be able to perform under pressure and stressful situations
• May be required to be on call for production support 24x7
• Must be able to concentrate and demonstrate a capacity for learning technical concepts and adapting to new technologies quickly
• Must be able to manage time and projects effectively to meet deadlines
• PowerShell or other scripting knowledge is preferred, but not required
• Certifications (A+, Network+, etc.) are a plus
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire coverage to take effect
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.