WHO ARE YOU? You are a DevOps professional looking for an opportunity to lead a team and make your mark.
WHO ARE WE? We are passionate, lifelong learners, and creative thinkers committed to the advancement of literacy and language learning.
WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT? As the DevOps Director, you will use your knowledge of AWS trends and business functions in order to optimize our existing infrastructure. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders and leaders to define, execute and maintain the vision for the DevOps strategy by driving/leading processes, security and efficiency.
WHY IS THIS EXCITING? VHL is a growth company. This DevOps Director will play a key role in ensuring the continued operational excellence that is a cornerstone of our service and webstore.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of the current infrastructure and identify areas of concern/weakness from a security, stability, or performance perspective.
- Evaluate operational processes and determine ways to improve repeatability, efficiency, and traceability.
- Review monitoring and alerting strategies and systems to ensure excellence in observability and responsiveness.
- Analyze operational cost drivers to determine strategy for maintaining or improving costs in short and long terms.
- Directly manage a DevOps Engineer.
YOU MUST HAVE (MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- High School Diploma/GED minimum
- 5 years working in a DevOps role required
- 2 years' experience directly leading/managing others
- Advanced AWS infrastructure management and Unix systems administration experience required
IDEAL IF YOU HAVE or ARE (PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Ruby/Rails (RoR) development experience
- CDN and/or Database administration
- Associates, Bachelors or Advanced degree
- Strong strategic thinking and complex problem solving experience
- Familiarity with working in education technology, similar industry or in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated experience developing creative and/or innovation solutions to meet business needs
- Highly collaborative with demonstrated experience facilitating efforts across multiple stakeholders
Remote: This role is a remote position. Ideal candidate will reside within reasonable proximity to our Boston, MA location and may be needed there on occasion. Candidates must reside within the United States. Relocation assistance is not available at this time.