The Constant Company, LLC, the creator of Vultr, is a rapidly growing cloud infrastructure provider for more than 27 global data center locations and counting. Constant's flagship product, Vultr® is a favorite among developers, serving over 1.5 million customers with flexible, scalable bare metal, cloud compute, and cloud storage solutions.
Our growing Internal Platform team at Constant is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will report into the Senior Director of Engineering and support important shared tooling across our engineering organization. The ideal candidate is dynamic, detail-oriented, and excited to support key open source solutions to empower numerous product teams. Our team’s mission is to provide foundational support for delivering the fastest and most affordable independent cloud platform, and we believe that enabling the developers who use our products starts with enabling the engineers that build our products. This is your opportunity to join this important team and leave your mark on Constant and the future of Cloud Infrastructure.
What you will take on:
- Support, operationalize, and scale internal systems relied on by both our applications and our engineers
- Work closely with Corporate IT counterparts to ensure proper access control across systems hosted on our internal infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues related to stability, scale, and reliability for internal systems
- Work to evolve and document our internal infrastructure to support a growing engineering organization
- Identify infrastructure implemented by product teams, identify those that could be shared across teams, work to bring those under Internal Platform maintenance and support
Our new team member will need:
- A strong understanding of infrastructure as code
- Experience implementing observability on key internal platforms
- Understanding of configuring SSO for productivity platforms via SAML or OAuth2
- The ability to work independently and use critical thinking to solve problems
- Background supporting and maintaining at least one of the following systems – the more the better:
- Cross-DC replicated MySQL (Severalnines a plus)
- Apache Kafka
- Ansible AWX
- Centralized Puppet
- Remote and flexible working environments
- Make an impact at a growing company - here you are not just a number!
- Medical 100% paid for employee coverage
- Dental / Vision 100% paid for employee and dependents
- 401(k) plan that matches 100% up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Looking to grow? Continuing Education Reimbursement of $1,000 each year!
- PTO Bank Plan + Rollover + 6 holidays + 3 Floating Holidays of your choosing!
- $500 first year remote office setup + $100 quarterly each year after
- Monthly internet reimbursement up to $75
- Anniversary Bonus
Salary Range: $100K - $140K
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.
Vultr is committed to an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported. All employment decisions at Vultr are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.