The Constant Company, LLC, the creator of Vultr, is a rapidly-growing cloud infrastructure provider with more than 25 global data center locations and counting. Constant's flagship product, Vultr® is a favorite among developers, serving over 1.5 million customers with flexible, scalable bare metal, cloud compute, and cloud storage solutions.
Our Customer Platform Team at Constant is looking for a Platform Engineer (Databases) who will report into the Senior Director of Platform Engineering, performing supporting tasks for a fleet of databases associated with legacy systems and actively developed systems. The ideal candidate knows the ins and outs of a variety of databases, with a strong specialization in MySQL.
Our team’s mission is to ensure performance and stability for databases that power one of the largest independent cloud providers. This is your opportunity to own the long-term vision and architecture for database infrastructure and usage across Constant.
What you will take on:
- Support and maintain a database runner system for evaluating and executing auditable one-off database queries
- Advise engineers on query optimization and database migrations during code reviews
- Own multi-datacenter database replication for multiple systems
- Coordinate with our business intelligence team to deliver a data warehousing solution with Fivetran
- Work with our SREs to implement monitoring and alerting at the database level
- Evolve our MySQL 5.7 database architecture to a newer version before EOL, via both architectural improvements and application updates
- Support database user management according to principle of least privilege
- Improve parity between development and production database schemas
- Support high availability initiatives with Python scripts that interact with HAProxy
- Collaborate with our Cloud Native team on database-as-a-service development
- Audit our existing PHP monolith for database optimizations
Our new team member will need:
- Expertise with MySQL 5.7 and more modern MySQL versions
- Oracle MySQL certification
- Experience with PHP and Python
- Experience with additional data stores such as PostgresQL, ScyllaDB (Dynamo), Redis, Elasticsearch, and Prometheus a plus
- The ability to work independently and use critical thinking to solve problems
Competitive Compensation and Benefits which include:
- Remote and flexible working environments
- Make an impact at a growing company - here you are not just a number!
- Medical 100% paid for employee coverage
- Dental / Vision 100% paid for employee and dependents
- 401(k) plan that matches 100% up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Looking to grow? Continuing Education Reimbursement of $1,000 each year!
- PTO Bank Plan + Rollover + 6 holidays + 3 Floating Holidays of your choosing!
- $500 first year remote office setup + $100 quarterly each year after
- Monthly internet reimbursement up to $75
- Anniversary Bonus
Salary Range: $100K - $140K
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.
Vultr is committed to an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported. All employment decisions at Vultr are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.