The Constant Company, LLC, the creator of Vultr, is a rapidly growing cloud infrastructure provider for more than 28 global data center locations and counting. Constant's flagship product, Vultr® is a favorite among developers, serving over 1.5 million customers with flexible, scalable bare metal, cloud compute, and cloud storage solutions.
Our growing Networking teams at Constant are looking for a Network Automation Engineer who will report into the Senior Engineering Manager - Network Automation and refine and advance our network management. The ideal candidate is inquisitive, bold, and excited to bring new technologies and tools to bear to resolve problems. Our team’s mission is to develop, grow, and support all networking within Constant, and we believe that network automation and automation systems can be a force multiplier to empower employees. This is your opportunity to join this important team and leave your mark on Constant and the future of Cloud Infrastructure.
What you will take on:
- Working closely with our current network teams to assess challenges, gaps, and areas for improvement in network management through automation
- Develop and deploy systems for network automation solutions to improve operational efficiencies
- Refine and advance the state of the art on network configuration management, including creating if necessary, managing, and maintaining sources of truth for networking systems
- Create and maintain documentation of network automation systems and tooling, it’s use within Constant, and any necessary processes and procedures for its use
- Develop and implement a cohesive, cross-platform approach to networking configuration management
- Work with other internal platform teams to ensure that improvements in network automation work in concert with other work within the organization
Our new team member will need:
- Experience with network automation planning and deployment with appropriate toolsets
- Knowledge and expertise with some or all of:
- Puppet, and Ansible for configuration management, knowledge of other configuration management tools is helpful
- Python, and PHP programming languages. Go expertise is a plus
- Use of “Source of Truth” tools in IPAM, DCIM, and related fields
- Understanding of network engineering technologies and protocols such as BGP, VxLAN, EVPN
- Ability to operate in a Linux environment, including:
- Experience with network routing systems such as FRR, Bird, and GoBGP
- Advanced Hypervisor networking techniques
- Experience at working with networks at high scale, including the ability to find, understand and engineer solutions for scaling limitations
Competitive Compensation and Benefits which include:
- Remote and flexible working environments
- Make an impact at a growing company - here you are not just a number!
- Medical 100% paid for employee coverage
- Dental / Vision 100% paid for employee and dependents
- 401(k) plan that matches 100% up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Looking to grow? Continuing Education Reimbursement of $1,000 each year!
- PTO Bank Plan + Rollover + 6 holidays + 3 Floating Holidays of your choosing!
- $500 first year remote office setup + $100 quarterly each year after
- Monthly internet reimbursement up to $75
- Anniversary Bonus
Salary Range: $X - $X
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.
Vultr is committed to an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported. All employment decisions at Vultr are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.