We are looking for a Self Starter Cloud Data Engineer who will will develop new and enhance existing workflows in Alteryx to support our cloud consultants to provide relevant and compelling recommendations to our Enterprise customers. Additionally the successful candidate will play a key role in building out a data lake and additional workflows to provide industry KPIs and insights to feed sales, marketing and the FinOps industry. Automation is at the very forefront of our minds to enable consultants to provide a better service to all of our customers.
• Owns moderate to complex customer issues which may take multiple days to resolve fully.
• Applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems, while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via the ticketing system.
• Uses initiative and advises on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience using existing or planned methods and suggests alternatives that may better serve the stability of the customer’s solution.
• Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
• Solves customer's technical issues which can include OS level, webserver, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, user management and permissions, or other software issues.
• Work and engage with cloud business consultants and SME's to understamd data and information needs, which will feed into the design and implementation of the Optimizer Team's data solutions (databases and reporting)
- Experience building and maintaining a Data Lake
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining the data hub and develop data flows using Alteryx.
- Experience implementing data analysis and other initiatives to optimize data quality and process efficiencies
- Proven experience as a data analyst/BI developer with strong technical skills in Alteryx, BI/analytics using MS solutions and data management
- Proficiency with visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc advantageous
- An understanding of the main Cloud Hyperscalers (AWS, Azure, GCP) would be advantageous
- Where required, support and assist with training of Cloud Consultants to enable them to use the reporting and data management tools and to become self sufficient in sourcing the data
- Implement data analysis and other initiatives that optimise data quality and process efficiencies for the Optimizer group
- Produce key regular reports for Optimizer Team to reduce the manual process, evaluate proposed changes and document refinements
- Prepare dashboards for internal teams and clients using visualisation tools such as Power BI
- Ensure Alteryx workflows and ETL processes can produce accurate reports, troubleshoot any reported issues, proactively identify and rectify deficiencies in those processes, proactively analyse data for possible inconsistencies that may skew analytical results Profile
Education & Certifications
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, computer science, information management, statistics or equivalent
- 3 years post graduate experience
- Professional qualifications for Alteryx, Azure data solutions, MS BI are desirable but not essential
Skills and Tools Needed
The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and the New York City Pay Transparency Act. This applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado or in New York City. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado and New York City applicants for this role is $96,100
– $124,600 for CO and $103,300– $133,800 for NYC. Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here.”
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.