The Cloud Design Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse Web-Based User Interfaces that interact with Big-Data Cloud systems based upon documented requirements. Directly contributes to all stages of designing, implementing and testing Web-Based User Interfaces that expose data for Big-Data Cloud Based infrastructure using Hadoop Eco-System. Provides expertise in Cloud Technologies, Distributed Computing and how to best display data produced by these technologies. Cloud Designer implements Graphical Web-Based User Interface with usability, security, and performance in mind. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse.
TS/SCI with poly required
- Eight (8) years software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required; two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data Cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
- Master in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
- Two (2) year of Web-Based applications that retrieves/stores data in a Cloud Data System
- Two (2) year of building applications that comply with modern Web 2.0 standards
- Two (2) years of Cloud and/or Distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR)
- One (1) year working with data stored in Cloud Big Table
- One (1) year of analyzing data stored in Cloud Distributed File System
- Experience in Computer Network Operations - Utility Computing, Network Management, Virtualizations (VMWare or VirtualBox), Cloud Computing
- Experience in Information Assurance - Securing User Interfaces based on Cloud and Distributed applications that contain disparate data sources and classifications through industry standard techniques such as Firewalls, PKI Certificate, and Server Authentication with experience in Corporate authentication service(s)
- Object Oriented Design and Programming, Java, Eclipse or similar development environment, MAVEN, RESTful web services
- Interfacing with Cloud and Distributed Computing Technologies: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas - Spring MVC, J2EE, HDFS, HBase, JMS, Concurrent Programming, Multi-Node implementation/installation and other applicable technologies
- Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas - HDFS, HBASE, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, MongoDB
- Aspect Oriented Design and Development
- Debugging and Profiling Cloud and Distributed Installations: Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory management, Profiling Java Applications
- Experience with CentOS, Linux/RedHat; Configuration management tools such as Subversion, ClearQuest, or Razor
- Health & Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Matching
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Hiring Bonuses
- Referral Recruitment Program