Rackspace, a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud MSPs, consistently features in the top 100 best places to work. We are looking for Solutions Architects who want to further their career at the company whose vision is to be recognised as one of the world’s greatest service companies.
The Solutions architecture team within Rackspace support customers by delivering the best technical solution to support their businesses. Working together with both our internal and external stakeholders, we create future-proof, multi-cloud solutions, that meet both business and technical objectives. We architect for innovation.
- Passion for problem solving and enthusiasm for positive customer outcomes
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical business stakeholders
- Keen learner who always strives to expand knowledge and skills
- Collaborative team player who also takes ownership and can depend on their own initiative
- Deep knowledge in components & services on Azure
- Experience working with Azure in either a consulting, pre-sales or engineering role, with an interest in technical delivery. Commercial experience, demonstrating customer facing, commercial & technical capability, preferred but not essential
- Presenting to a variety of audiences through use of various mediums such as whiteboarding, phone / video conference, stage, etc.
- Comfortable sharing knowledge through both formal and informal methods with customers and other Rackers
- Comfortable engaging at all levels of a customer’s business, from working with senior/C-level leadership to guiding IT-specialists and developers on building solutions
- Broad technical background and experience in a variety of technologies and services
- You have a good understanding of modern application landscapes and their dependencies on the infrastructure platform
- Any appreciable application development, DevOps or Big Data experience is not required but would be advantageous
- Knowledge of common operating systems (Linux / Windows), networking, structured and unstructured datastores
- VMware on prem data centre experience preferable but not necessary
- Certified in at least one public cloud, ideally to Professional level
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.