Roles and Responsibilities
- Configure, build, deploy, and maintain internal and customer-deliverable high availability Oracle Databases for Digital Energy systems.
- Support product development and customization to the standard database infrastructure per project and customer requirements.
- Provide 7x24 direct customer support, both in-plant and on-site, for US domestic and international customers.
- Certify Oracle Security patches and document implementation procedures.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering Technology, or similar technical degree.
- 5+ years - professional experience administering Oracle12g and 19c Databases.
- Familiar with database infrastructure for Oracle RAC, Standard Edition High Availability (SEHA) and standalone Oracle.
- Willingness to travel, both US and international.
- Ability to work as part of a team administering and deploying systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in documenting and teaching installation and configuration processes.
- Provide Development and Production support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of database backup/recovery procedures, SQL tuning and shell scripting.
- Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, and leverage resources.
- Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement where needed
- Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
- Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
- Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
- Experience administering a production-state system and interacting directly with customers.
- Experience developing and implementing database security policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of storage systems, networks on Linux and Windows platforms.
- NetApp storage configuration and administrative for implementing high-availability controller configurations running ONTAP Cluster mode using NFS and Windows(CIFS) multiprotocol.
- Oracle NFS experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
- Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources,
- Demonstrated ability to work with blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
- Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership