The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Linux/Windows Systems Administrator that will provide LINUX and WINDOWS System Administration support to Mission Systems. Seeking a self-starter, who is resourceful, thinks out of the box and can work both independently, as well as part of a team. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance of complex and diverse IT systems to meet requirements. Works independently or part of a team on advanced systems analysis projects. Reviews and tests IT systems for adherence to requirements and documents test results. Resolve tickets and problem reports on specific technologies and hardware/software components to include COTS/GOTS products from the system level to individual hardware/software components. Recommends new technologies and processes for complex systems. Coordinates system installations and monitors equipment functioning. Creates build docs for system administrators. Identifies system requirements for operations and security and works with other engineers and staff to develop design and integrate components.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and at least 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with 2-6 years of relevant administration experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Two years of VMware experience.
- Virtualization experience (VMware vCenter, ESXi, KVM).
- A minimum of 5 years total system administration experience with computer systems.
- Within the last 3 years, experience with either UNIX or Windows System Administration, to include user account administration, installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, kernel parameter and disk partition modification, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Within the last 3 years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 year scripting experience using BOURNE Shell, C Shell or KORN Shell languages.
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 year experience performing periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities.
Security Clearance requirement:
- All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- A Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MSCA) or Redhat Certified Technician (RHCT) certification is highly desirable and can substitute for 1 year experience.
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Experience with IAVA patching
- Experience with NetApp and Isilon storage, NiagaraFiles (NiFi) dataflow.
- Knowledge of networking, DNS, web services (apache, tomcat), NFS, SMB, and OpenLDAP.
- Ability to automate system tasks using bash, python, perl scripting.
Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.