Ready to make an impact? Then read on!
- Develop and execute plans to migrate eligible applications from on-prem to a cloud infrastructure, and help guide applications designs to meet performance, scalability, and reusability requirements.
- Examine code and configurations to device performance improvements.
- Implement proactive monitoring and redundancy at all tiers to aggressively improve system availability and up-times.
- Configure Windows/Linux servers, troubleshoot issues, and recommend system improvements.
- Work with Finance, HR, and Technology leadership to develop and execute solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve deployment/configuration/set up issues and work with appropriate teams to drive solutions. Including participation in our team’s on-call rotation and be willing to provide off-hours and overnight support when required.
- Automating infrastructure monitoring to discover anomalies as well as proactively identify root cause of issues.
Candidate Required Qualifications:
- 5 years of DevOps experience deploying/migrating to cloud environments (e.g., Azure, Oracle, AWS). Microsoft Azure Cloud Preferred.
- 5 years demonstrated experience supporting Windows Servers, Active Directory, AD Azure, ADFS, SSO, IP Address Management, Firewalls, Certificates, Load Balancing and Security compliance principles.
- 5 years supporting systems from an infrastructure, code, database, and security concept perspective. Demonstrating strong understanding of systems thinking problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with business executives, technical teams, and end-users.
- 3 years of Workday Security experience, including knowledge on supporting BPs, Integrations, reporting to help fill the need of providing in-depth analysis for supporting security changes for both HCM and Finance. This is ideal, but not required.
- 3 years of Workday functional area knowledge, including both HCM and Financials, to include peripheral Workday operational knowledge (such as managing SSL certificates, configuring single sign-on (SSO). This is ideal, but not required.
- 3 years of application development and script automation experience. This is essential for various initiatives, including Workday IT Operations, Security, and leveraging of the Workday API.
- 3 years working in support of large, enterprise environments, including experience designing architecture for cloud platforms such as Azure.
- 3 years working on relational Databases using SQL server along with writing of complex database queries, stored procedures and triggers using T/SQL.
- Azure Certification, AZ-900/SC-900, is a PLUS, along with any of the Microsoft AZ Certifications for Developing in Microsoft Azure, or deploying infrastructure solutions.
- Workday Security Pro Certification is a PLUS. Also, experience with Workday security configuration, report writing, and integrations is also highly desirable.
- Experience with SCM solutions such as (Git, GitLab) and provide access, building automation, release management, and system testing with best practices.
- Understanding of financial, business, and technical constraints with ability to apply them to effective design solutions.
- Document and maintain standards for software platforms for corporate use according to guidelines devised by IT.
- Test, research and respond to use cases of application system, including but, not limited to SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and on-prem.
- Both IT and non-IT associates are eligible to post.
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
** Coverage begins on the date of hire . Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.