Deadline Date: 29-NOV-2022
Requirement Title: Security Tools Engineer SIEM/LogA
Location: Mons, BE
Full time on-site: Yes
NATO Grade: A/ 97
Total Scope of the request (hours): 654
Required Start Date: 16-JAN-2023
End Contract Date: 31-DEC-2023
Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
Duties and Role
• Management, maintenance and configuration of SIEM/LogA tools:
o Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) – Splunk Enterprise Security, Microfocus ArcSight ESM;
o Log Aggregation (LogA) - Splunk Forwarders, Microfocus Arcsight Loggers and Connectors
• Setup a monitoring mechanism detecting potential issues in real time. The issues shall not be limited to the software configuration but to everything related to the proper delivery of the service (loss of log sources, performance issue, HW resources, data parsing, …)
• Continuously monitor all system components (SIEM, LogA, log sources) and take appropriate actions for solving detected issues.
• Support project activities related to SIEM/LogA capability; act as a subject matter expert (SME) and point of contact (POC) to facilitate further system development
• Provide technical support in troubleshooting infrastructure and operational issues and collaborating with other teams for a successful resolution;
• Provide required support and assistance for integration with external tools
• Ensure that any SIEM/LogA specialised applications are installed, configured, and running properly and in line with dependencies with others systems or applications required
• Identify upgrade requirements and areas of improvement to ensure an up-to-date and stable environment. Justify business needs, prepare documentation and propose implementation plan for the Change Management Board.
• Implement the approved changes following co-ordination with other stakeholders
• Proactively recommend optimizations to capabilities to provide effective and efficient service operations.
• Review security documentation and provide technical advice, when requested.
• Maintain awareness of new technologies and developments, industry standards and best practices; participate in knowledge sharing with SIEM/LogA community and develop solutions efficiently.
• Create technical and/or executive level reports as required.
• Provide subject matter expertise and input for any future projects and system expansion
• Perform other essential duties as assigned.
• Standard working hours, with the exception of working in nonstandard working hours up to 360 hours annually.
• In addition, it may exceptionally be required to work non-standard hours in support of a major Cyber Incident or on a shift system for a limited period due to urgent operational needs.
Essential to have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science combined with a minimum of 2 years' experience as Cyber Tools Engineer or similar position involving technical ICT Engineering knowledge and management of cyber tools, or a Secondary education and completed advanced vocational education (loading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation) with a minimum of 4 years post related experience. Mandatory
• Extensive practical experience with Splunk (deployment, installation, configuration and maintenance)
• Practical experience in designing Splunk based solutions
• Knowledge of Splunk Enterprise security, Phantom and UBA
• Expert level and previous experience related to SIEM/LogA management activities
• Demonstrable experience of analysing and interpreting system, security and application logs in order to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behaviours.
• Practical hands-on experience in systems and tools administration, especially Linux environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communication security, networking, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications.
• Practical skills in writing bash, python or ansible scripts to support repetitive tasks automation, Linux system and application administration and troubleshooting
• Demonstrable ability to work autonomously and proactively, to understand the chain of command and to follow internal processes
• Good communication abilities, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and successfully articulate complex issues to a variety of audiences and teams.
• Solid understanding of regular expressions Desirable
• Extensive practical experience with Splunk Enterprise security, Phantom and UBA
• Extensive practical experience with MicroFocus ArcSight
• Experience of using and administering security tools such as Sourcefire, Symantec Endpoint Protection, or RSA Security Analytics
• Experience in GIT
• Hands-on experience with automation technologies, i.e. Ansible
• Proficient with SIEM content creation – correlation rules, reports, dashboards
• Experience in creation/modification of custom parsers or flex connectors
• Understanding the Indicator of Compromise (IOC) concept and experience in integration of Threat Intel feeds and IOCs with SIEM platform
• Software engineering including programming and/or scripting knowledge (python, shell scripting, PowerShell).
• Troubleshooting of Linux and/or Windows infrastructures.
• Good knowledge of maintaining a secure enterprise network through configuring and managing typical Security Enforcing Devices, such as Firewalls, Proxies, IDS/IPS devices, HIDS/EPO. Knowledge of Sourcefire/Snort.
• Prior experience automating interactions between systems using APIs.
• Industry leading certification in the area of Cybersecurity such as, but not limited to: CISSP, CISM, MCSE/S, CISA, SANS GNSA, SANS GIAC.
• A solid understanding of Information Security Practices; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information (CIA triad.)
• Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
• Prior experience as a user of SIEM and Log aggregation systems.