Systems Operations Specialist - TS/SCI Polygraph Required
CGI Federal has an immediate opening for a Systems Operations Specialist. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence with CGI. This position does require a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work independently with minimal supervision, receiving specific guidance and supervision when needed or provide technical leadership and/or supervision to teams of specialists as required.
• Perform routine computer operations and maintenance (O&M tasks and/or work on operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software.
• Provide 24x7 operational support depending on position requirements within the organization.
• Research and resolve routine O&M problems; assist in the resolution of complex O&M problems
• Execute standard operating procedures (SOPs) and schedules for O&M activities
• Provide written input into the development and documentation of SOPs and schedules for O&M activities.
• Dependent on the job, specialists may assist in the integration, installation, testing and maintenance of specific software relating system environments.
• With engineering guidance, positions install new server software components using established procedures; maintenance of operating configurations and software configurations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
• TS/SCI with FSP Poly required
• At least 1 year of experience working in a technical environment
• Willing to work 8 hour days between the hours of 6am-6pm depending on team makeup
• Willing to provide on call support, outside of normal business hours when needed
Experience with cloud (specifically AWS)
Experience with Web and Application Servers (preferably WebLogic, Tuxedo and/or Tomcat)
Experience with scripting (Python, Windows CMD, Shell scripts)
Experience with Relational Databases and SQL (Oracle)
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
#DEFInsights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills