Are you interested in continuing your IT career in Radford, VA? Radford is a great small city with big opportunities! Radford is bordered on three sides by the New River and neatly tucked into the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and features a delightfully picturesque setting for a diverse and charming array of activities to include, hiking, biking trails, fishing and plenty of wildlife.
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Monitoring Administrator that enjoys working in a dynamic fast-paced environment to support the ALTESS Contract in Radford, VA. ALTESS is a contact supporting the Army Enterprise Data Centers, and Commercial Cloud services infrastructure.
This position requires a fully adjudicated Secret Clearance and the following Certification to be eligible for this position;
Certifications: CompTIA Security+,
ITIL® Intermediate Level Certification,
Computing Environment Certification (Server +, MSCA, MSCE)
The following is a list of some of the tasks you will be asked to perform;
• Identifying and developing ways to improve and automate monitoring to gain operational efficiencies and improve responsiveness
• Developing standard operating procedures and user guides for the enterprise monitoring solutions.
• Managing ServiceNow tickets and service requests to ensure a resolution in a timely and efficient manner.
• Working with application teams, customers and other support teams to co-ordinate and facilitate incident triage and timely resolution of production monitoring issues.
• Defining and maintaining monitoring products and component standards for monitoring capabilities to deliver a flexible, scalable, secure, reliable, resilient, and cost effective set of datacenter and cloud monitoring services.
• Defining, creating, and maintaining processes required to monitor production and development environments to ensure a proactive approach for addressing alerts or problems.
• The engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing technologies for the monitoring and automation of the enterprise datacenters and cloud environments
• Developing and implementing custom monitoring dashboards and alerts to meet the requirements of the application teams, customers and other support teams.
• Analyzing requirements, designing, implementing and maintaining enterprise monitoring tools and the supporting infrastructure.
• Operational understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, etc.)
• Ability to deploy, configure and optimize Windows Server Environments (Server 2016)
• Operational understanding of SQL databases and query operations, SWQL a plus
• Prior DoD datacenter experience preferred
• 3+ years of experience in working with a monitoring type platform
• 3+ years of experience on multiple OS platforms
• Preferred experience with monitoring the Amazon cloud, Azure cloud and VMware virtualization technologies
• Ability to research solutions for various business needs and technical problems; this includes evaluating alternatives and providing recommendations
• Familiarity with Microsoft, UNIX, and Linux server OS.
• Experience with ServiceNow administration and integration
If you know someone who may be a good fit, refer them to us! Your referral could get you a one-time referral payment of $3,000. Even if you are not a Leidos employee you can be eligible to receive the bonus!. More details here.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Our key lines of business — civil, defense, health, and intelligence — are rife with opportunity. An expanded workforce and capabilities portfolio enables us to compete internationally and provide increased efficiency and affordability to customers. As we grow, we'll maintain our agile and creative reputation.